Monday, September 25, 2006

Un Dia Lejano...

So this is a song I really like by Juanes that I decided I wanted to try and translate, although I'm not too sure I did a good job... later on I want to try and translate the poem someone posted in response to my first post... that was pretty cool. Anyways here is the song by Juanes that I really like... Im gonna do a line in Spanish then a line in english...

---
Un Dia Lejano-A Faroff Day

A veces me da por volver a pensar-Sometimes Im given to return in thought
En esos dias que el tiempo barro-Of those days time erased
Y en las huellas que dejo-And of the footsteps you leave

Y cada vez que me alejo te siento mas-And each time you move away from me, I feel you more
Y cada vez es mas fuerte el sentimiento-And each time the feeling is stronger
De que algun dia podras volver-That one day you will return
A sanar nuestro amor-To heal our love

A veces me da por correr y escapar-Sometimes Im given to run and to escape
Por lamentar lo que nunca te di-From regretting that which I never gave you
Y lo que siempre to escondi-And that which I always hid from you


Tal vez algun dia lejano quizas te vuelva a encontrar-Perhaps one faroff day I will return to find you
Tal vez algun dia lejan quizas to pueda olvidar-Perhaps one day I can forget you
Te pueda olvidar, te pueda olvida-I can forget you, I can forget you
---

I skipped the repeats of the chorus... the first line was hard because Im not sure I quite understood the use of dar in this instance, but I tried to infer what it would mean from the context. Anyways, I really like this song...

2 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Rachel, you amaze me!

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way Rache, that was me - Dad - that posted the song by Serrat and the poem by Machado. If you liked Cantares, here's another song by Serrat: "Mediterraneo".

Quizá porque mi niñez
sigue jugando en tu playa
y escondido tras las cañas
duerme mi primer amor,
llevo tu luz y tu olor
por dondequiera que vaya,
y amontonado en tu arena
tengo amor, juegos y penas.
Yo, que en la piel tengo el sabor amargo del llanto enterno
que han vertido en ti cien pueblos
de Algeciras a Estambul
para que pintes de azul
sus largas noches de invierno.
A fuerza de desvinturas,
tu alma es profuda y oscura.
A tus atardeceres rojos
se acostubraron mis ojos
como el recodo al camino...
Soy cantor, soy embustero,
me gusta el juego y el vino,
Tengo alma de marinero...
Qué le voy a hacer, si yo
nací en el Mediterraneo.
Y te acercas, y te vas
despueés de besar mi aldea.
Jugando con la marea
te vas, pensando en volver.
Eres como una mujer
perfumadita de brea
que se añora y se quiere
que se conoce y se teme.
Ay, si un día para mi mal
viene a buscarme la parca.
Empujad al mar mi barca
con un levante otoñal
y dejad que el temporal
desguace sus alas blancas.
Y a mi enterradme sin duelo
entre la playa y el cielo...
En la ladera de un monte,
más alto que el horizonte.
Quiero tener buena vista.
Mi cuerpo será camino,
le daré verde a los pinos
y amarillo a la genista...
Cerca del mar. Porque yo
nací en el Mediterraneo.

Joan Manuel Serrat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home