Saturday, May 05, 2007

I am not a good girl

I am not a good girl
When I talk I'm always too loud
When I laugh it comes out all wrong
I cuss and drink
I say what I think
And I can't help but stare too long

No I am not a good girl
I am just me

But

I used to yearn
For your voice to soften
They way that it slightly did
When you mentioned those other girls
Who fit your perfect description
So I could hear my name that way

But I am not a good girl

I used to try to see my self
The way you saw me
Through your holier than though gaze
Thought you knew what was right
Thought I should change my ways
So I could be worthy of your glance

But I am not a good girl

I am the girl that gets in your face
I am the girl that cries in public places
I have dirty feet and my sweat stinks
And when I'm mad I'll let you know
I fight hard against the flow
So I don't get stuck in anyone's assumptions
I tend to skip
I tend to trip
And I love with my big heart
In a way that will kill me someday
I feel one hundred and ten percent
Of every emotion that I feel
So when people watch my tears
When people hear my fears
They know they're one hundred and ten percent real

No, I am not a good girl
I am just me

I am glad that I fit into your picture
Just long enough to be sure
I'm not the girl you're looking for
'Cause you deserve a good girl
That'll make thing easy
And I deserve a real man
Whose up to the challenge
Of holding their head high
While he holds my hand
Someone who will revel in my flaws
As much as my beauty
Someone who will make it their cause
To love me wholly
Not because Im a good girl
But because I'm me

I am not a good girl
No, I am not a good girl

2 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I said on the phone...hard but valuable lessons. I love you.

Mom

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home