Saturday, December 30, 2006

That Summer

Thought of it randomly, wrote it down, the girls said they liked it so I´m putting it up.

That summer
I lost my heart to Madrid
To a world just beyond my reach
So close to home but never my own
I lost my mind to Barcelona
In the city´s seaof all there could be
The wind carrying it away on the waves
I lost everything to Cadiz
A dream that couldn´t be real
But I tasted it and touched it and smelled it
In Spain I lost so much
But in my loss I found myself
In the elaborate palacios,
the peace of the alhambra,
in the uneven streats
That summer I lost myself
And found that I didn´t mind

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me encanta tu poesia!

Love Dad!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this!

xoxo
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home