Saturday, December 29, 2007

Can't you see?

Can’t you see?

I’m searching searching searching
for the right thing to say
and I’m looking looking looking
for the better way
but I just can’t seem to choose
the right thing to do
the winning move
I just seem to lose lose lose

and I don’t know what to say anymore
to the people I adore
cause my love is flawed and flaky
my knees are weak and shaky
and I’m just to scared and sore

sore like my hearts been blinded
and bumping into things
sore cause I haven’t minded
surrendering it to a beating
cause I don’t know what I deserve
or what I am even worth
the only thing I’m sure
is that I hurt hurt hurt

and I don’t know who to tell anymore
of the people I want to trust
cause I’ve lost all the connections
they make no room for corrections
and every try is a bust

Can’t you see?

when you cry cry cry
the world comes knocking on your door
and I try try try
the way I was before
to be there holding your hand
pulling you out of that quicksand
and helping you stand
the best that I can can can

Can’t you see?

I’m searching searching searching
for the way out of this hole
I’m looking looking looking
for a door to the outside world
I’m trying to get through this downhill slide
and I’m not sure how high I can climb
with no one on my side
but I’ve just got to try try try

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you.

Mom

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Rae, it's amazing. I feel like we often reflect different sides of the same coin...if that makes any sense. If you ever publish these, can I publish some art with it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home