Friday, March 28, 2008

Periphery

You were just in the periphery
Of my vision with that boyish smile
And it may have been awhile
But it wasn’t any kind of mystery

I wanted you and you wanted me
Both of us ready to get out of this town
So it made sense not to mess around
Skipping all the games and call waiting

Yeah, it was supposed to stay simple
But something about the way
You said everything in a new way
Made me stop and stare for a little

Yeah, you were just in the periphery
Of my vision with that boyish smile
But you like to go that extra mile
You didn’t warn me to be weary

‘Cause you’re good at what you do
And I haven’t got much grace
When I’m trying not to lose face
And pretend that I don’t need you

Yeah, it was supposed to stay cool
But I hate to admit that falling
Is simple when you start calling
And gravity is centered around you

Your were just in the periphery
Of my vision with that boyish smile
Sure wish you’d stay awhile
And keep on sharing it with me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home